Your organization is committed to:
Indigenous cultural awareness
Learning and celebrating Indigenous teachings in a respectful way
Truth and reconciliation with First Nations communities
Listen to what our students have to say:
"I was very impressed by this course. It certainly helped me put my gratitude and my positivity into perspective. Learning how to smudge properly was what my intention was with this program. I am very grateful that I took it as I learned a lot more than just how to smudge properly."
"The course was beautiful! I feel much more confident with smudging now. I was never sure I was doing it in a respectful way and this course gave me confidence. When I sat down and started the modules, it was both exciting and peaceful at the same time. I loved it, highly recommend it and look forward to practising what I've learned from this course. Mallory is a gem"
Everything is Online
The entire program is delivered online so students can participate from their home, from urban to remote communities.
All course materials, including videos, audio files, workbooks, templates and additional resources are within our online student portal.
Students will have the opportunity to connect with other students who are on the same journey as they are, to exchange support and create a community of like-minded individuals.
BY THE END OF YOUR TRAINING, YOU WILL HAVE:
The foundations of Indigenous worldview, and why traditional teachings, nations and ceremonies drastically increase our connectivity.
Learned the foundations of, and uses for the 4 sacred medicines, including other sacred medicines that can help you on your wellness journey.
Mastered applying the medicine wheel teachings to identify connectivity and achieve balance on your path to wellness.
Learned practical strategies for applying traditional indigenous teachings to your modern life.
MORE FROM OUR STUDENTS
"This is a wonderful resource to learn and open up doors to being part of something much greater, important, and valuable that I will take with me for life. Miigwech, and I’m truly grateful."
"Taking this Smudge Circle course helped me continue to grow and understand more about how we can use all these tools to move forward, to help one another continue and thrive as Indigenous People. I am ever learning about our traditional medicines, and learning from the Elders how to survive through this pandemic."
"Joining Smudge Circle and going through the program really opened my eyes to what these traditions and practices mean, and made me feel a reconnection to the culture and to my own ancestors. Learning from Mallory's curriculum was like learning from a trusted and patient friend, and having a group of other like minded women to talk with felt like I was in a safe place to learn and grow."
"I am on the right track! So much recognition and rediscovering of who I am through this beautiful course. I always get emotional when I smudge as it brings me so much peace and in touch with myself again. I am so grateful that I gained so much more information and tools to smudge with more awareness and with setting clear intentions."
FOUNDATIONS OF INDIGENOUS NORTH AMERICA
Here’s why it's so crucial to learn from someone who has gone before you: understanding the fundamentals will prevent you from feeling confused later on when learning about, relating to, and applying traditional teachings to your current life.
In the first module, we start with the basics, and make sure you’ve got simple and clear knowledge of the foundations of the indigenous culture within North America.
- You will learn about the indigenous worldview, compared to the Western worldview, and how this applies to your life today.
- Discover why traditional teachings and oral storytelling has been so effective for knowledge sharing in the indigenous culture.
- Get a clear understanding of native nations, and tribes, what the differences are, and how learning about them can connect you further in your own self-discovery.
THE 4 SACRED MEDICINES
After you’ve learned the foundations of the indigenous culture and worldview, you can feel confident about diving deeper into our core teachings, starting with the four sacred medicines.
In this module, we’ll not only give you multiple perspectives on what I’ve been taught about tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, and cedar, but we’ll also introduce you to the various ways you can use these sacred gifts on your journey to holistic health and wellness.
- You’ll be taken through a full lesson on the basics of sacred medicines, and given a Sacred Medicine Cheat Sheet to help you follow along with using your sacred medicines.
- Compare and choose the most suitable sacred medicine for various situations in your everyday life using the comparison guide.
- Learn about and then customize your own sacred medicine bundle from inspiration and concepts shared in this module.
THE SMUDGING PROCESS
I’ve been smudging my entire life, but not until I started teaching others how to smudge did I truly start to uncover the meanings and significance behind the process and protocols of the smudge ceremony.
This is where things start to get exciting, as the complete step-by-step smudging process within the Smudge Circle program leaves no stone left unturned.
- Created your own unique and purposeful smudging prayer to attract positive energy into your space, mind and your life.
- Confidently practised your personal smudging ritual & ceremony with defined intention and purpose.
- Use our comprehensive smudging troubleshooting guide to answer any questions you have if you experience any issues with your smudge ceremony.
- Learn how to embrace the positive impacts from your smudge, with our self-reflection worksheets that will strengthen your mood, and reinforce your routine practices.
- Follow along with the smudging checklist to make sure you’re carefully following protocols taught to us by our traditional elders.
THE MEDICINE WHEEL
The Medicine Wheel is a very popular symbol across indigenous tribal communities, it is a framework for balance, personal development, traditional teachings, respect, and so much more.
Over the years, we’ve been asked countless questions about the medicine wheel - and we’ve spent hundreds of hours studying various Medicine Wheel teachings and developing our own applications of this powerful system of teachings to help you learn it in an intuitive, and easy to understand framework.
- The medicine wheel is a way to live in tune with the teachings that have been passed down by our ancestors, to find balance, and to respect the seasons and vital energies of our lives.
- Mastered applying the medicine wheel teachings to identify connectivity and achieve balance on your path to wellness.
- Gain insight into the symbolic importance of the medicine wheel and the different elements that make it up to live with more harmony in your mind-body-spirit connection.
- Learn how to recognize when the aspects of your well-being are out of balance and how to regain balance.
- Understanding the cyclical nature of life and the seasons that we experience both internally and externally.
APPLYING THE TEACHINGS
Along my own journey of reconnecting with traditional teachings and self-discovery, I’ve picked up some extremely valuable strategies and techniques for finding your strengths, and creating a fulfilling life. These are learnings that I like to call, ‘modern’ or ‘new teachings’.
This module consists of personal growth and development strategies that are some of the strongest and most transformative ways to connect with yourself and use your own personal power to achieve your deepest desires and happiness.
- Discover your personal connection guide to help with self-awareness & reflection.
- By learning about your global beliefs, values, we’ll be able to find your why and learn about the forces that guide your life choices, and discover the purpose that resonates deeply within you.
- Managing your state to constantly produce a higher level of empowering energy, and focus to achieve anything you set your mind to.
- Learn about the importance of and your personal best gratitude practices to feel incredible each day as you move forward in your journey.
- Develop a new healthy habit plan and what it takes to successfully adopt habits that will help establish & follow through on your personalized routine and development goals.
REQUEST GROUP SIGN-UP FOR
INDIGENOUS CULTURE TRAINING:
everything you need to experience a well-rounded experience with traditional indigenous cultural teachings for realistic application to your modern everyday life.
Personal Resiliency Training
the fundamental grandfather teachings, how they relate to your own personal journey, and use them to take control of your happiness and spiritual well-being.
Medicine Wheel Workbook
use this powerful tool to transform your perspective and connection to yourself apply it to achieve any occurrences of imbalance.
Sacred Medicines Guidebook
understanding the importance of the creators sacred gifts can help you connect with yourself and all spirits around you.
THE HEALING CIRCLE TOOLKIT
The Complete How-to Guide for Smudging a Group
From beginner to advanced, receive everything you need to host your very own healing / sharing circle with your friends, family, or workplace.
(a $97 Value)
What you’ll get:
- Basic Healing Circle Training to understand the significance, protocols, roles, and practices of a traditional healing circle.
- Step-by-Step Guidebook for How to Host a Healing Circle with your family, friends, group, or team to successfully create a safe and comfortable environment to grow and heal.
- Sample Agenda, Worksheets & Exercises to print off for your Healing Circle to ensure you have helpful and interactive resources for your gathering.
AND AS YOUR INSTRUCTOR,
LET ME TELL YOU MORE ABOUT WHERE MY STORY STARTED…
BEFORE THERE WAS A GROWING ONLINE BUSINESS.
BEFORE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
BEFORE SPEAKING ON A NATIONAL STAGE…
THERE WAS A SHY, “REZ GIRL” CHASING THE CORPORATE CITY LIFE.
- Unsure of what I really wanted.
- Living at arm’s length from my indigenous identity.
- Desperate for acceptance from my non-native friends.
- Continually waiting on the next stage of life to make me happy.
My childhood was filled with so much quality time spent with immediate and extended family in Curve Lake First Nation.
Travelling to pow wows with my gran and my cousins, and camping trips on the island with late night stories around the fire - kept me close to my native heritage.
After I moved away from my home community, to attend Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario, I found myself living in two completely different worlds.
The fast-paced, capitalistic world and the nostalgic world of my home community.
This left me not fitting in in either place… feeling completely misplaced, and alone.
The only way to cope with the overwhelming unattachment was to immerse myself in my schooling and career endeavours, to the point where it became an obsession.
I realized how important it was for me to share our amazing culture, knowledge, and teachings with the world.
My friends and acquaintances wanted to learn more about the indigenous culture, and support native artists, but it was very difficult to access the knowledge, teachings, and native giftware away from a First Nation.
SO, I DECIDED TO TAKE THE EMPTY FEELINGS AND QUESTIONS- AND TRY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
I started reading as much as I could about happiness, personal growth, mindset, focus, habits, anything that could help get me out of that dark place.
Our indigenous teachings covered all of these same topics, and there was an incredible amount of overlap that I wasn’t aware of until learning these new tools, and practices for living a balanced, happy life.
The transformation was absolutely life-changing, and there was and still is so much more to learn about taking back your personal power - control over your happiness.
This journey that I have been on, to be able to support others on their journey to re-connection and happiness is the greatest honour.